US/EST: 25 May 2017 14:17

Pokerstars removes open fold option

5 posts, 3 voices

wizzadd
wizzadd 368 points
2935 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

5 months ago

In the latest pokerstars update, they have removed the option to fold where checking is available. Just my opinion, but isn’t this changing the rules of poker a tad?

rkleefstra
rkleefstra 246 points
951 posts

5 months ago

Maybe a tiny bit but not too much. To be honest, after playing a few sessions, I missed the fold button only once. I checked in the BB, but on the flop, that hand was never ever gonna win anyway so I wanted to fold and get on to the next hand (I play zoom) but that was not possible anymore. So for me it’s hardly a thing worth mentioning

The fact that they show hands after a check at showdown is much worse. If the person before me has a better hand, I should have the right to muck my hand and NOT show it. PS does not allow that. (which is also partly nice if I want to see villains hand :) )

hannyug
hannyug 1547 points
21609 posts

5 months ago

I know how to fold even when no fold option is showing :)

highest bidder gets the knowledge! :D

(and its a perfectly simple and legal way, and does not use any external software, or involve any timing/disconnecting issues!)

rkleefstra
rkleefstra 246 points
951 posts

5 months ago

Tell me how??? Dying to know :)

advertisement
hannyug
hannyug 1547 points
21609 posts

5 months ago

keyboard hotkeys, experiment on the play chip tables FIRST before you start using them on the cash tables , good luck! :)

if you don’t know where to set them up, go to pokerstars lobby and then, ‘settings’ ‘gameplay’ ‘hotkeys’ and fiddle around,,

post modified 5 months ago