US/EST: 23 Nov 2017 22:37

Pokerstars removes open fold option

5 posts, 3 voices

wizzadd
wizzadd 172 points
2935 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

11 months ago

In the latest pokerstars update, they have removed the option to fold where checking is available. Just my opinion, but isn’t this changing the rules of poker a tad?

rkleefstra
rkleefstra 259 points
1032 posts

11 months ago

Maybe a tiny bit but not too much. To be honest, after playing a few sessions, I missed the fold button only once. I checked in the BB, but on the flop, that hand was never ever gonna win anyway so I wanted to fold and get on to the next hand (I play zoom) but that was not possible anymore. So for me it’s hardly a thing worth mentioning

The fact that they show hands after a check at showdown is much worse. If the person before me has a better hand, I should have the right to muck my hand and NOT show it. PS does not allow that. (which is also partly nice if I want to see villains hand :) )

hannyug
hannyug 1682 points
24796 posts

11 months ago

I know how to fold even when no fold option is showing :)

highest bidder gets the knowledge! :D

(and its a perfectly simple and legal way, and does not use any external software, or involve any timing/disconnecting issues!)

rkleefstra
rkleefstra 259 points
1032 posts

11 months ago

Tell me how??? Dying to know :)

advertisement
hannyug
hannyug 1682 points
24796 posts

11 months ago

keyboard hotkeys, experiment on the play chip tables FIRST before you start using them on the cash tables , good luck! :)

if you don’t know where to set them up, go to pokerstars lobby and then, ‘settings’ ‘gameplay’ ‘hotkeys’ and fiddle around,,

post modified 11 months ago