US/EST: 23 Jan 2019 07:34

NHL DFS.

11 posts, 7 voices

DaneW
DaneW 9 points
30 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

3 years ago

Obviously DFS hasn’t started for NHL yet. I am just wondering if anyone is as excited to play NHL DFS this season as I am?

SupermanXX1975
SupermanXX1975 376 points
1433 posts

3 years ago

This season as opposed to any other for what reasoning?

DaneW
DaneW 9 points
30 posts

3 years ago

None.
Haven’t been able to bet on hockey all summer. It is exciting for me.

hopefully other people play nhl dfs too.

SupermanXX1975
1433 posts

3 years ago

yep, about 15,000 at DraftKings.com

post modified 3 years ago

advertisement
Dazwhite
Dazwhite 1031 points
3763 posts

3 years ago

I’ll be playing NHL Dfs for the first time this year. Been playing and running hockey pools for the last 20 years but never tried Dfs before this year.

Looking forward to it too!

post modified 3 years ago

DaneW
DaneW 9 points
30 posts

3 years ago

Do you or anyone do sports selects? (Only available in Canada)

SethRed
SethRed 0 points
1 post

almost 3 years ago

Do any of you guys playing NHL DFS have any tips for someone less experienced? That said, I’m familiar with DFS in general, but NHL has so far not quite been my scene…
I’ve got some good lineups from https://www.dailylineups.com/, that have really helped getting me started. However, I’m quite curious about stacking for example, or whether it’s a good idea to have some star players in the lineup, or a more rounded team.
I play at DraftKings, btw, and tend to go for 50/50s.

__DAVE__
__DAVE__ 510 points
5048 posts

almost 3 years ago

fish money going
heard they stopping college betting hehe

SNB
SNB 1485 points
4684 posts

almost 3 years ago

Too many people too far ahead with too much money. Heard 50/50 scores are actually higher than GPPs because sharks join every single one. Mess around in tourneys for fun, but “cash” games are dead.

Harp221122
Harp221122 1540 points
6174 posts

almost 3 years ago

Hockey DFS i would imagine is probably the hardest one to be consistent in out of NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB. In the other sports, there is some consistency as to what regular players will do each night and the statistical categories allow for more areas of variance because there are more chances in each category (points for example in NBA vs goals and assists in NHL).

far more points availabe in basketball than goals and assists in hockey, and with goals and assists counting for much more in most cases (NBA point worth +1, NHL goal worth +3) the ability to pick performers on any given night vs the pool of players is way bigger imo. Obviously there are stars that we know will have better shot, but on a given night, you can pick a star in NBA or NFL for example with a reasonable expectation of what they might contribute even if not having a great game, while picking a star in the NHL could still net you a big fat zero on the scoreboard

There are other categories in NHL scoring that yeild points, but the disparity between points awarded for goals and assists vs other categorys weighs far to heavily on those two categories as compared to a flatter point structure across the board in say the NBA where points, steals blocks, rebounds, assists, etc are separated by one point at most

obviously I compared to NBA here as it is the one i know the best, but I would say it is similar if you look at MLB and NFL as comparison as well.

I am sure as SNB eluded to, there might be some who are making money on NHL alone, but i would guess (and its just my opinion) that much like regular sports betting on NHL, the other DFS leagues (NBA, NFL etc) have much better chance at success over time for a DFS player

SupermanXX1975
1433 posts

12 months ago

Bump