US/EST: 24 Jan 2019 05:33

Player Dispute - Maltebus (locked)

34 posts, 12 voices

SupermanXX1975
SupermanXX1975 376 points
1433 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

almost 5 years ago

ty Malte, $3.50 received via PS “Larsoma” acct. Wish you the best with your family.

maltebus
maltebus 0 points
1775 posts

almost 5 years ago

22USD was sent to your acconunt 7th of march deep. Please check your history in cashier again

DIAMONDxxx
DIAMONDxxx 1442 points
17757 posts

almost 5 years ago

I recieved 23 dollars from you Malte!

TY

post modified almost 5 years ago

BareenaKing
BareenaKing 62 points
2578 posts

almost 5 years ago

refund received ty

advertisement
Deeplone
Deeplone 589 points
4590 posts

almost 5 years ago

ok i think all my payment are refunded, thank you malte.

ZBNightOwl62
ZBNightOwl62 1254 points
8940 posts

almost 5 years ago

Refunded for everything. Thx Malte

funpoker85
funpoker85 370 points
4484 posts

almost 5 years ago

also got fully refunded

Harp221122
Harp221122 1509 points
6174 posts

almost 5 years ago

Some of you will probably not read this entire post but I have taken some time to give this decision a great deal of thought. In looking at this case, I had come to the conclusion that maybe a shift in policy to allow people who pay back their debts back as investors only might be something to consider. We are after all a business and investing keeps people creating events which keeps the business going.

This would be a considerable shift in policy and one that would affect not only this decision but also a review of other cases in similar circumstances, and allowing others to return as investors only as they requested.

So on that note, I want to make a few things clear. Maltebus may be a nice guy, and he has a lot of friends here and that is great, but it doesn’t change the fact that he used investors’ money on things he shouldn’t have, and didn’t have the money to payout multiple events both that had run, and that were going to run.

Obviously he made a mistake, none of us are perfect. But, rather than step forward and admit the mistake, he initially lied about using the money, simply stating he needed to go to the bank, and he hadn’t had time. It was only after multiple pm’s from my asking where the money was from events that hadn’t run yet, that he finally admitted to having lost it all.

He has claimed that the thread he started was not started because he lost the money to garner sympathy, and this may be very well true as clearly the problems he mentions in the thread are evident by playing with investors money, but the timing of this thread, the lying about the money, lends little to credibility. As well as continuing playing despite saying he was stopping.

That thread however seems to have done its job, as I found it quite interesting that not one person seemed to have any issue with him losing the money and then lying about it. This is in stark contrast from the reaction everyone had when Quarltje did the exact same thing, but actually admitted what had happened immediately, and shipped all his funds to cmu and made a plan to pay back. This is obviously before Quarltje’s attitude problems post payback. Quarltje, from day one of admitting the same thing, with no lying, was roasted at the stake, while Maltebus, was not even questioned about lying about where the money was.

I doubt only99cent will get the same treatment if he comes back and pays out, nor willemchef

All this aside, after talking it over with another member of the staff, I was leaning towards shifting this policy and allowing back members who had paid back and not caused problems to be investors only.

This was before receiving a few more pm’s from Maltebus, where he has clearly shown that he doesn’t see what he did as really that bad. He has never really owned up to lying about where the money went, and continually talks about it as simply being late in paying people out. These things are all just personally observations, but what swayed my opinion back against letting people who don’t handle their mistakes the right was when he compared himself to another member who has never been in trouble with paying anyone out:

QUOTE – I am not saying it was right, but being able to pay back 500 instead of 15 to investors I thought was better than paying back 15 only and have investor wait even longer. I am not defending it, but just trying to explain. AQUA has been running his MU-event for almost 2 years now with no return to investors and I have during one year delivered almost 50% ROI with over 200 events being setup.

If you want to ban me for life for the last 6 events where I have said severral times I am truly sorry, then it is up to you. You gave Carm several chances to comeback and I am sure you would have done the same to Aqua, but I am just maltebus so I get no second chance I guess. END QUOTE

This statement of trying to compare himself overall to someone who has never had any issue paying out or playing games they shouldn’t made it clear that Maltebus truly doesn’t understand the gravity of the situation. There is also more than enough documentation on site as to the difference on how we treat behavior incidents vs monetary incidents

When situations like this arise, it has nothing to do with how much money you have made before, or how good you are at poker, and everything to do with your actions in the moment.

These pm’s gave me reason to reassess where my decision was heading and made me realize that if we do shift our policy and let members who have lied or not handled their situation in the right manner to stay on the site and be an investor and use the shoutbox and pm and the only thing they cant do is create events, what are we really saying to the members who handle their business the right way and never get into problems, or anyone that does make a mistake, but owns up to it immediately and works to rectify it?

It says that it all doesn’t matter, and we are only worried about the bottom iine. And it says to everyone else that you can take someones money and come back later and pay it back with no repercussions really but not making events.

So that being said, we are not going to let back users that do not step up and handle their mistakes properly from the start.

Any funds owing for currently invested events should be paid to Maltebus directly

post modified almost 5 years ago

Harp221122
Harp221122 1509 points
6174 posts

almost 5 years ago

I will say this again, people make mistakes, we all do, no one is perfect, but there are many examples in these disputes of how not to handle yourself in these situations, if you make a mistake, read through the threads, and determine what you should and shouldn’t be doing, and you will get a second chance.

Step up, admit it (even tho that is the hardest part) and work to pay it back (even if you cant pay it all right away, the effort is needed). Be honest and follow instructions for it to go as smooth as possible.