SteveAAF
SteveAAF 1096 points
8689 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

3 years ago

Profile:
https://www.chipmeup.com/player/lane_lowe

Event:
https://www.chipmeup.com/event/154545/lane-lowe...

Event not updated/closed.

SteveAAF
SteveAAF 1096 points
8689 posts

3 years ago

Event cancelled and refund rcvd.

Harp221122
Harp221122 1603 points
6177 posts

3 years ago

So it looks like this was a CMU$ only event so sorry to steve and teppo for not seeing that when this was posted and refunding then.

Event has been cancelled by horse

It is my understanding that another member spoke with lane when this wasnt played and was told that power was out and would pay back when he got power back

Now have been told was without cable and internet after that point.

Based on sharkscope I would like to know the reasoning, since you knew before that this was an issue that needed to be resolved, why you first decided to play a few games on ACR in the two days before you decided to log on and sort this out?

lane_lowe
lane_lowe 0 points
7 posts

3 years ago

Yes I was without power and the players were refunded and all is good. I’d like to get back in the action here, I have paid these people and have beat no one but it seems like the higher ups are holding me hostage on this…ive tried to be cordial, I guess they are showing me whos boss..ok…youre the boss Harp, can a dude bet something or whats going on ?!!

advertisement
lane_lowe
lane_lowe 0 points
7 posts

3 years ago

Hey Steve and Teppo…my apologies ! Storm took the electric out just a couple days b4 the scheduled tourney…you guys are paid in full so good luck and peace.

Harp221122
Harp221122 1603 points
6177 posts

3 years ago

Interesting. Let’s take a look at some chronological timelines here:

Jan 24 – Supposed to play event
Jan 24 – Doesnt have power but gets message to thenutsright to be posted
Jan 29 – buyers still have heard nothing more, one post in event (5 days after event is to be played)
Jan 30 – thenutsright mentions he will text, then posts that he calls and is waiting for response (6 days after)
Feb 1 – thenutsright posts he talked to you and that you will repay asap, but you know that account might be locked (no mention of cable/internet problems) (7 days after)
Feb 1 or 2 – thenutsright tells steveaaf that he talked to you for “2 hours” on the phone, still no mention of cable/internet issues. He tells steveaaf to create a player dispute
Feb 2 – Player dispute created (8 days after)
Feb 6 – You finally log on and close the event (12 days after). Of note, as mentioned above, you knew that this was an issue and despite saying you would sort it out asap when you could to thenutsright, you instead played some poker on both the 5th and 6th before addressing this.
Feb 8 late – You inform me via pm that you cancelled the tournament and refunds were complete. (14 days after
Feb 9 morning – As I wasnt up to date on the dispute, I told you I would review when i had a chance
Feb 9 afternoon – I posted in the dispute my understanding of what had been said in various places (see above) and asked a specific question to you as to why you decided to play poker before clearing this up with investors
Feb 10 – You send an email through the contact tab wondering when your restriction would be lifted (1 day after I posted asking for information from you)
Feb 10 – I responded to you via email, that i had already responded in the player dispute thread, and that i found it interesting that despite being MIA for two weeks, you expectation is that your problems should be resolved with the utomost urgency…urgency not shown to your investors
Feb 12 – You send me another pm in which you say you had someone posting status updates to your stake, which is kinda a stretch. one proactive post about not being able to play, then 7 days of silence until the person has to hunt you down for an update before posting isnt posting status updates. You still hadn’t been in the thread to answer the question asked, despite being told 2 days earlier i posted there.
Feb 13 – Now this is where it gets interesting. 4 days after a post in the dispute thread asking for a response to a question, and 3 days after being told that i posted in the thread, rather than answering the question posed, you go on some little rant about “the powers that be” and us “trying to show you who is the boss” etc as if we are somehow holding this up and holding you “hostage”. 4 days you have had to answer the question and you post as if it doesnt even exist (lets not again in your explanation that you dont mention cable/internet issues)
Feb 14 – a full 5 days or so after I posted in the player dispute, you again post in the dispute thread with no response to the question asked. (again, only reference power outage, not subsequent cable/internet issues)

So, pretty clear here that the comments about us trying to show you who is boss or holding you hostage are way out of line and down right comical. You have had multiple opportunities to address this properly and ignored each of them, thereby prolonging this dispute thread.

That wont be the case any longer. Given the way you have handled this, the lack of communication, claiming cable/internet issues once as a reason for being MIA for two weeks, then never mentioning it in any response to your investors and the plain fact that you were back playing poker before you came on to resolve this, knowing it was an issue and clearly seem to be avoiding answering questions about it, while lobbing softball accusations about “power” instead, I dont see a reason that you wont have more issues in the future here.

It is unfortunate that you chose to handle things this way as it was something that most likely could have been cleared up 5 days ago had you focused on answering questions and you own actions instead of ours

good luck elsewhere