US/EST: 06 Dec 2019 23:04

News Article: How to win a Sunday Major? (Part 2)

Forums News

12 posts, 6 voices

Win a Sunday Major, Part 2 Article News Article here.

__DAVE__
__DAVE__ 500 points
5054 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

almost 5 years ago

argh tyty

admin
admin 45 points
1204 posts

almost 5 years ago

Apologies if the video seems a bit flat, that’s what happens when you make videos after a big Christmas meal! :) – rkruok

__DAVE__
__DAVE__ 500 points
5054 posts

almost 5 years ago

lol
New years should be fun then :>)

advertisement
schaeng
schaeng 166 points
17029 posts

almost 5 years ago

dontya go with k9s always as long BB isnt a last-century-nit who just plays premium?

admin
admin 45 points
1204 posts

almost 5 years ago

Yep, then you could consider raise folding vs 16bb, but almost never.

MCG_PORTUGAL
MCG_PORTUGAL 146 points
4954 posts

almost 5 years ago

Nice idea from CMU , nice hh by rku .

I like how ayhan plays , i play very similar as seen so far.

I would like to see more about the way he looses chips because i found always more interesting discussing those hands. that way we can find leaks on our own game and also a way to profit from these leaks from other “ayhan´s”

And by the way , you all know me to be critic about much things in CMU , but in the last few months we got an 180º turn around with many great ideas, NICE WORK KEEP IT UP !

schaeng
schaeng 166 points
17029 posts

almost 5 years ago

k9 again:thinking about villian who calls nash in bb but pushs any2 after limp without considering trap… without doing the math-no time now-i say limp call would be best strategy(without thinking about balancing ranges-but dont think you really need to in onlinemtt when you nearly never have more than thousands hands of villians…dont know about small hishstakesfields…)
and dont miss https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1015297162... :P

Servej
Servej 148 points
1520 posts

almost 5 years ago

i tripple barrel the ako after 3bet from the Bigblind when the q hits on turn. i pick up extra equity. Cause I never check there TT, QQ, KK or AA, Aq. I can present all these hands. So i want to play my bluffs also in this way. Im not sure which 3betting range ayhan has here, but Ako its one of the best hands to do as bluff cause most equity. So when i bluff which better hands i want get a from fold JJ,99,77,66 and Ats. My size would be 1500, because it give me a bluffing opportunity on river with 4,5k into 7k. I dont know if JJ/99/Ajs fold on turn but for sure on river. Which hands call for sure Aq, kqs, (if floated?), TT, 88, 22. Close spot cause theres no much hands which fold on turn. But after trippel barrel there are enough. So tough variance spot there. So check turn is the safe way, but in my opion not the best +ev play.

Servej
Servej 148 points
1520 posts

almost 5 years ago

for the 22 hands i would recommand a big 3,5x openraise. it helps in two ways:
1st u dont want a flattcall and he theoretically have to defend less vs a big openraise. it is hard to play small pairs oop :-) and villian is aggressive with alot of floats.
2nd u setup a good price if villian 3bets for your 4bet shove. normally pairs a good 4bet bluff over loose 3bettor, when they have 30bbs and u had open minraised. So lets assume he 3bets 9bs. now u have manupulated the pot perfect for 4betshove, cause u risk another 40bbs over his 9bbs 3bet. A bluffshove is almost good if u gain 20-30% of your stack. here you risk your 40bbs left in stack for 13,5bbs (1bb Ante, 3,5bbs openraise and his 9bbs 3bet)
13,5/40= 33% gain for ur stack.
so put u in the shoes of the other to understand that this is a akward situation for him. after u shove he had to call of 34bbs for total pot of 87bbs and must have 34/87=0,40 equity. thats not easy for him to have. so he can fold a ton of his 3betbluffingrange.
i give u a hint, when villian is potcommited. most of the times villian have to call of, when he committs 25-33% of his stack. above 33% it is a nobrainer call. under 25% he needs a strong hand vs our range :-).
so let us look what he committs here! he invest 9/43=20% (43 cause we are the effective stack). so u see we manupulated the pot so perfect cause he have to invest max of his stack without being committed, which is a good result.

Servej
Servej 148 points
1520 posts

almost 5 years ago

the open shove with 66. im not 100% sure what are the reason for doing this? but i know alot of good players have the cut in their opening range between 88+,Ajo for openraise/call for value and 77-22, some low broadways for openshove with 15-20bbs in co/bu. Clear face up play, but if it is still best +ev play, it doesnt matter.
my questions here:

1.) Any suggestions for doing this? which hands should fold?
2.) Are these cuts up to date? cause reshippingranges get wider and wider.

admin
admin 45 points
1204 posts

almost 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input servej. I agree that barreling with AK there is a good spot, as it is becomes very difficult for him to call all three streets with nearly his entire range. Varies with opponent.

I think the 66 shove is close, and we know that it is a positive EV play, however hopefully someone can throw it into a poker calculator to see how good a play it is. If you have a raising range there instead of just shoving, you can raise a little bit wider, especially if the opponents aren’t aggro.

Also I think in tournaments, especially if there are some weaker players in the field, it is important to balance over committing in small positive equity spots vs making it deeper and seeking much more lucrative spots. People’s tendencies to make large post flop errors, as we will see in video 3, which are far more lucrative than the pre-flop situations.

markvolendam
markvolendam 48 points
1536 posts

almost 2 years ago

This vid is old as ….
but I think the 11bb call with A5s against ayhan is his lowest range but still in the range to call the shove.
The not overshove but call is to let the sb and bb think he is very strong.
But am I right here?
If you dont wanne watch all hands Its at 07:50 the hand I talk about.
Very interesting to hear from the highstake grinders

Forums News