DOJ to Return Absolute Poker/Ultimate Bet Player Money Seized on Black Friday

Forums News

22 posts, 8 voices

RlseTheKraken
RlseTheKraken 1877 points
11966 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

over 1 year ago

We at PPA have terrific news to share. The Southern District of New York has announced that players with balances on Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet will be able to file remission claims to be compensated for their funds. Garden City Group — the group processing remissions claims for Full Tilt Poker players — has been retained to oversee a similar process for Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet customers. To file a claim, simply visit www.absolutepokerclaims.com.

PPA has reached out to SDNY verbally and in writing several times since the April 15, 2011 shutdowns of the largest U.S. facing online poker sites, encouraging them to treat all funds obtained as a result of actions associated with these shutdowns as a single pot of money to reimburse ALL players whose money was frozen on Black Friday.As the representative of U.S. players before SDNY, we are very pleased that our recommendations have been accepted and that, at long last, many U.S. players will be made whole.

Neither GCG nor SDNY has released information on the amount of money available for AP/UB remission, but the press release does state that, in the PokerStars settlement, PokerStars agreed to forfeit $547 million. It also states that over $118 million in payments have been made to Full Tilt Poker players. Even factoring in the costs of remission processing, this seems to indicate a sizable pot, so to speak, for the AP/UB remissions process. PPA has reached out to SDNY for official word on the amount of money available for remissions, but it seems likely to be sufficient to cover expected claims.

We will keep everyone informed of new information as it becomes available. PPA looks forward to serving as an advocate for the players throughout the remission process, as we did for the Full Tilt Poker remission process. We also wish everyone making a claim all the best in working through the process.

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

I filed my 2 claims was very simple and had the amount right owed me in both my UB and AP accounts Cross fingers maybe get some it back.

PS Didn’t mention the Hat and T-Shirt UB promised me for Final Tabling one their Major MTTs Sigh

Schabernack
Schabernack 1306 points
10165 posts

over 1 year ago

Good luck getting some of that money back!

__DAVE__
__DAVE__ 510 points
5038 posts

over 1 year ago

Have fun with it
Do not forget lost interest
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

advertisement
RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

LOL lost interest in USA till the Donald :)

BradWilson
BradWilson 0 points
1 post

over 1 year ago

Hello, I lost a fair amount of money on UB but the amount they are saying was in my account is not accurate to what was actually in my account (I had over 8k and they are saying I had 1.5k). This is their information on supporting documents:

*You are not required to submit any documents if you agree with the Absolute account balance displayed previously on this site. If you wish to dispute the account balance, you are required to submit supporting documentation. Supporting documentation includes, without limitation: complete unaltered copies of cancelled checks, wire transfer records, bank or credit statements or similar official transaction records.

How on earth could I prove what my exact balance was at the exact time UB went under? I cannot log on to see my balance and they will not give me anymore information. Do I have any reasonable option to dispute this or is it just accept the found money and move on with my life?

Thanks,

Brad

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

I wrote down amount I had on their and they Both came up to my amount was correct and if I get any part it back I would feel Great as wrote off along time ago.

So hope ya get something back GL

RavensUC
RavensUC 135 points
1039 posts

over 1 year ago

I got this email I was quite surprised as I wrote this money off years ago, I hope I get some of my funds back.

happyday11
happyday11 0 points
1 post

over 1 year ago

The script follows the journey of this family and the
wholesale christmas costumes costumes over the next decade. A journey that shows the company growing in every way; inventory, people, domain names…at one time Tom owned hundreds of domains. Then the movie climaxes, when Tom decides to buy one domain that would encompass all the costumes his company had to offer. Halloweencostumes.com, which he purchased for one million dollars. But would his hunch work this time?

That job in fashion, as well as hours of experience, helped her learn to sew. For the next couple years, she was the creative director for a small clothing brand in Sarasota. But she had an itch to design clothing herself.

It was becoming something already so it was more I was just at the learning stage in my life. I graduated with a computer science degree from MSU Mankato, but also a graphic design minor, mostly because I find more reward in creating products. That visual component is important to me.

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

Absolute Bet / Ultimate Poker Remission Claims Deadline

The deadline for submitting claims for victim remission for balances on Absolute Bet and Ultimate Poker is fast approaching. Be sure to apply by June 9th. Even if there are open questions, be sure to be in the system before the deadline, as you can always dispute claims administrator Garden City Group’s initial findings. Visit www.absolutepokerclaims.com for information and to sumbit your claim.

For further discussion, be sure to visit the Two Plus Two News, Views and Gossip AP/UB discussion thread.

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

Absolute Bet / Ultimate Poker Remission Claims Deadline Extended

The deadline for submitting claims for victim remission for balances on Absolute Bet and Ultimate Poker has been extended to September 7, 2017. If you have funds on either site and have not yet applied for remission, be sure to apply by the deadline. Visit www.absolutepokerclaims.com for information and to submit your claim. And, for further discussion, visit the Two Plus Two News, Views and Gossip AP/UB discussion thread.

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

Absolute Poker Remission Claims Deadline Extended Until September

9th June 2017 // Industry, Misc, News

Add another 90 days to the period of time that former players on failed sites Absolute Poker and UB.com (formerly UltimateBet) will have to file an application for remission (a refund of an owed balance) for long-abandoned balances on those sites.

Without announcing the reason, Department of Justice-appointed claims administrator Garden City Group has quietly pushed back the deadline to file, from June 9, 2017 — today! — to September 7, 2017. The updated deadline, along with other information that any global customer of AP or UB needs to file, can be found at AbsolutePokerClaims.com.

This deadline extension can be viewed as a good news / bad news development for former players on the two sites. One possible explanation for the extension ordered this week by the DOJ is that the notification method used to ID and contact former AP and UB players was simply inadequate. It’s been over six years since the two sites closed up shop in the wake of 2011’s “Black Friday” charges targeting the two sites and others. Six years is an eternity in online terms; e-mail address change or are abandoned, people move in real life and invalidate other means of contact, and to a certain extent, it’s tough to get the word out in full.

People move on. There’s plenty of anecdotal evidence in the form of social-media and forum posters that one-time customers of the two sites have a chance to get money back. (We still don’t know if it will be all lost money, or just some.)

Extending the deadline to apply for a refund by another three months will turn out to be great news for many players, some of whom might even have moved out of the sphere of awareness of online-poker matters.

But there’s a tradeoff. It means that the nitty-gritty work, the process of confirming eligible balances and readying accounts for refunds, won’t move past the initial stages for that same three months. It’ll like work out that the first approved wave of AP/UB payments will be sent out three months later than might otherwise have happened.

Other issues also need to be addressed before payments can be sent out, most notably the submission and verification of banking information for eligible applicant. GCG changed its approach somewhat from the process it first used in the handling of Full Tilt Poker refunds. Try #2 appears more streamlined, but the whole “Where will you send my money?” question has been pushed back for now.

Current AP/ UB refund applicants have verified both the deadline extension and the fact that current bank info is still not needed. Many players have reported contacting GCG in recent days about the updates, and have received responses such as this:

The extension to file was ordered by the Department of Justice however this will not delay the review process. We will be reviewing Petitions on a rolling basis.

At this time we do not have a distribution date available. You can check back in about 4 to 5 weeks to see if we have any updated information on when the payments will be going out.

The payments will be made electronically (ACH); once the petitions are approved we will contact you for your banking information.

We’ll update with more on the Absolute Poker / UltimateBet (UB/com) remission story as it develops.

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

Trying keep ya all informed GL hope you and me get reimbursed doesn’t hurt to try get what was lost they holding Millions are Dollars

__DAVE__
__DAVE__ 510 points
5038 posts

over 1 year ago

https://www.pokersites.us/news/absolute-poker-c...

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

over 1 year ago

Received following E-Mail update =

Dear XXXX XXXXXX:

The purpose of this email is to inform you that your Petition for Remission has been approved and you are entitled to receive a distribution from the assets forfeited by PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, and Absolute Poker (the “Fund”), in connection with the settlement agreement resolving allegations in the amended civil forfeiture complaint in United States v. PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker, et al., 11 Civ. 2564 (LBS), in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (the “Action”).

You will be receiving the distribution in the form of a domestic ACH payment. To enter your banking information and authorize GCG to electronically credit your account, please visit the administration website at www.AbsolutePokerClaims.com and click on the “Update Bank Information” tab located on the sidebar of the website. Log-in using the below Petition Number and Control Number, please enter all required banking information for the account you would like to receive the electronic ACH payment. When logging in, please use your last name as verification.

Petition Number: XXXXXXX

Control Number: XXXXXXXXX

By properly submitting your banking information, you will receive an ACH payment in the amount of $945.78 to the account number specified. This payment represents the full amount of your Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet account balance which you confirmed on the Absolute Poker Claims Administration’s website. Payment will be issued within four to six weeks of submitting your information, so please submit your information as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, you can call us toll-free at (855) 907-3254, email us at info@AbsolutePokerClaims.com, or write to us at Absolute Poker Claims Administration, c/o GCG, P.O. Box 10277, Dublin, Ohio 43017-5777. For additional information you may also visit the administration website at www.AbsolutePokerClaims.com.
-—————————————————————————————————————————
I don’t want to give Banking info so when I went to file banking info their was a disclaimer that if Banking info is entered incorrect that they would send a check to address on file so I filled it out incorrectly LOL.

So lets see what happens GL rest ya getting your Funds back :)

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

about 1 year ago

Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet Remission Update

Good news on the Absolute Bet and Ultimate Poker victim remission. Repayment is now underway, with many players who filed claims with claims administrator Garden City Group having already received checks or direct deposits for their full claim amount.

Visit www.absolutepokerclaims.com for information and, for further discussion, check out the Two Plus Two News, Views and Gossip AP/UB discussion thread.

__DAVE__
__DAVE__ 510 points
5038 posts

about 1 year ago

pray for KRAK

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2Sq9qGTQnL5NyI6Y...

post modified about 1 year ago

RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

8 months ago

Received 1st check 4 weeks ago for 5+ Dollars and Today received last check 945.78 Wooot :)

RavensUC
RavensUC 135 points
1039 posts

8 months ago

nice congrats RTK, wish I didn’t miss the deadline on getting my AP money back.

advertisement
RlseTheKraken
11966 posts

6 months ago

Still can Try all they can say is No :)

CPU_Staker
CPU_Staker 141 points
1429 posts

6 months ago