US/EST: 21 Nov 2018 13:05

SAGE System

2 posts, 2 voices

Paradox
Paradox 46 points
92 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

1 month ago

Does anyone use the SAGE System? I am wondering if it is effective?

Schabernack
Schabernack 1306 points
10165 posts
Send Message Recent Forum Posts watchlist permalink

1 month ago

Haha, I remember hearing about that system when I started playing, so must be at least ten years old already :D Isnt it in other terms the same as simple push/fold charts that people nowadays use to make their decisions easier? Like this for example https://www.holdemresources.net/hune

Charts like that (from trusted sites like the above) guarantee you an unexploitable and easy way to make your decisions, especially if you multitable for example. So you will be able to make the right decisions in the long term, if you apply them correctly.
Guess it also depends on how much you feel you have an edge or personal reads on your opponents. If you play a really really bad player HU, it might not be the smartest decision to shove all the hands that are indicated by the charts, because, even though its the right decision in the long run, you take a high risk there, instead of taking your time to outplay your opponent. That said, reads like that are tougher and tougher to realize in nowadays poker with fast structures, so using a chart is definitely not the worst decision you can make.

post modified 1 month ago