Frequently Asked Questions
New to ChipMeUp ?Watch these short videos to get started
- What is ChipMeUp? »
- How to signup »
- How to deposit »
- How to buy a share »
- How to sell shares »
- How to create event »
- Overview of ChipMeUp »
- Chipmeup.com allows people to buy stakes in poker players in tournaments online and around the world.
- Easy to join and sign up, buy and sell shares with players around the world within minutes.
- Track your investments and analyse results.
- Find yourself owning a piece of the new superstars of poker or playing tournaments you could never afford!
- Referrers »
- Adding Referral banners to your website
- Twitter feed for ChipMeUp »
For a 3 minute overview of ChipMeUp please see the video here
ChipMeUp is a site where poker players can raise capital to play in tournaments, and investors can invest in tournament players earning a share of their winnings.
Is ChipMeUp associated with any casinos or poker sites?
No. We are completely independent.
Is ChipMeUp a gambling website?
No. This site just brings poker players together, allowing poker players to buy and sell shares in poker tournaments.
The person they refer will earn 10% of all fees they generate forever (both Event creation fees and share buying fees).
Tracking the users you've referred
You can track how much money you've earned from users specifying you as their 'referrer' - you can find this in My Summary.
- What are ChipMeUp $, and what can I do with them?
- What is Stakeback?
- What happens once I create a new event? »
- If the purchaser used ChipMeUp $ the amount will show up as 'locked' in your Balance. Once the event has been played and results entered this will be released to your account where you can withdraw it.
- If the purchaser did not use ChipMeUp $ you will be notified and once you have confirmed that a payment has been made via PokerStars/Full Tilt etc, you should set the share to 'sold'. A seller can do this by clicking on the share and changing the status of the share to 'sold'.
- How can I get my Seller Fee refunded? »
- You didn't sell any shares
- You didn't enter any results for the event
- The refund request is within 30 days of the event finishing
- How does a seller payout winnings? »
- Can a seller reserve shares for non-members? »
- Can I verify the identity of sellers on the site? »
- Where can I get a ChipMeUp avatar from? »
- Download the above image (right-click and select "Save Link As.." or "Save Target As..")
- Log in to PokerStars
- Select "Account" and then "Select/Change Image.." from the drop down menu
- Select the "Change Image" button
- Select the saved image on your machine, resize the square around the image so it fits inside the circle on the right hand side
- Select "Save"
Once a new event has been created, the shares will be available for anyone to purchase.
If you do not sell all your shares in an event, you are still expected to play the event. All unsold shares are assumed to be paid for by the seller. The seller does not need to manually purchase the shares for themselves.
If you do not sell any shares in the event, you do not have to play the event, and you can get a refund for the ChipMeUp fee that was charged to create the event.
Once the event start time has been reached, shares will no longer be available for purchase and the event status will change to 'running'.
If you cancel an event, or click 'I did not play this event', then you should be eligible to get a refund. Near the top of the Event page you should see a link to 'Seller Fee Refund'.
The refund is only available if the following is true:
Yes! If you are the seller of the event you can reserve a share for yourself or for a non-member.
To reserve the share simply click on the share(s) you would like to reserve and then click 'Reserve Pending Shares'. You can then write a note on the share(s) to remind you who they were for.
Once a share has been reserved, it can be set back to 'open' by the seller at any stage before the event starts. It will then be available for anyone to purchase again.
The best way to verify a user on the site is to check their poker site usernames on their profile page - they will have an asterisk (*) next to their name if they have transferred to ChipMeUp from that account.
If you believe someone's poker site username doesn't match their identity then you may want to avoid purchasing shares in this player and contact us via the contact form.
You should also check existing feedback on a seller via their profile page. This will give you a good indication of their transaction history with other ChipMeUp members in the past.
For Poker Stars:
- What do I do about banned players/scammers? »
- Troubleshooting and Miscellaneous »
ChipMeUp reserves the right to ban players and associated accounts (friends, same IP address etc) where the integrity of a user is in question.
Please see the list of banned players and report scammers here.
What currency does ChipMeUp use?
All prices are quoted in United States dollars ($USD).
How does ChipMeUp guarantee my winnings?
ChipMeUp does not guarantee any winnings, the contract is between the buyer and seller.
All money transfers are organised by the player and investor.
How can I contact ChipMeUp?
Please use the contact form here.
I didn't receive an activation email, what should I do?
Please click here to resend the activation email, if that still doesn't do the trick then contact us here.